Good morning. What are you up to today? Alice’s birthday was yesterday. I met her at the elementary school the dames went to in SF; her and her family had come in later and we had served on PTA together. She’s bubbly, sweet, and generous; back then this mama would hook me up with some good boba drinks too.
- I was inspired by one of Kristina Werner’s color schemes in her post, Distress Oxide Ink Blending Color Combinations 4. I used the palette of Distress Oxides Aged Mahogany, Milled Lavender, and Victorian Velvet.
- I wanted girly and vintage for sure. I like how I also got shabby chic.
I have been aiming for more texture in my card creations because I want to get into mixed media. Mixed media is basically mixing different kinds of materials – paint, fabric, metal, etc.
I attempted one background for at least an hour but wasn’t satisfied with the results so I trashed it and took a break to buzz the husband’s hair. After cleaning up I went back to work and came up with the winning background.
- I tried the technique of collaging/gluing down some kind of paper to make texture. I’ve seen ppl use tissue paper which I was going to do, but instead, I used a coffee filter that was crumpled in places.
- The three, Distress Oxides were blended upon the coffee filter, spritzed with water, and then dried.
- One of the Bo Bunny Press It Is Written Stamp was overstamped in places as well as the small hearts from Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Butterflight.
These parts were mounted with either foam tape, foam circles, or foam squares.
- Hero Arts Hydrangea Rubber Stamp was stamped 3x in the Distress Oxides colors and fussy cut out.
- From Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Butterflight
- stamped in the two, darkest colors, embossed in clear powder for shine, and fussy cut out
- from Hampton Art Birthday set
- All edges were distressed in Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs after everything was tacked down. I thought at first I had screwed up doing this because of the distribution of ink; however, I got the vintage and shabby chic vibes as the end results and really liked how it all came out.
- All edges were rounded with We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board.
Alrighty then. Cleaning the bathroom is the first priority today as I’m making myself slowly clean before company comes over on the 20th. I’m challenging myself to one room a day instead of the last-minute and stressful rush. Then I can craft in piece for the rest of Saturday.
Thank you for dropping by today. Have a good weekend. TTYS.