Hi everybody. How’re you today? Yesterday I did a marathon of reading blogs on the couch. I swear, taking that speed reading course before I had started college was one of the best, beneficial classes I’ve ever taken my whole life.
I just wanted to let you know I am good and the ohana’s good; it’s been busy here with school having started, my daughters adjusting to their new schedules, the teen immersed in her tennis season, and the tween taking intramural sports. I just haven’t had time to post.
Also, I’m will be making some changes here in the near future. For some time now I’ve been thinking about the concept of branding. Many of you have been supportive and just sunshine + cheer about my cardmaking. I’m seriously thinking about opening up an Etsy shop. I wanted to try to do it by the holidays but life got in the way and I’m the type of person who needs to take things one at a time as there is much to think of (policies, business license, designs, pricing, & packaging).
These thoughts led me to ponder greatly on what to name my shop which then led to buying the URL. So here is what’s going to be affected by these changes:
- URL of this blog – Right now, I have two URL’s for this blog. WP Support has informed me that when I switch to the newer one, WP readers will be redirected. stefaniecraftswithwoolpaperfabric.com expires in February 2020.
- Bloglovin – I think the majority of you follow me through this reading platform. Once I switch URL’s I will contact Bloglovin to see if they can update my blog or if I have to have a new listing.
- Name of this blog – Stefanie Crafts with Wool Paper Fabric will be no more after the switch. Because I’m changing the name I need to come up with a new header. I have some ideas but will have to experiment.
Furthermore, I’d like to start a monthly, audio podcast. I start listening to a few during my birthday month. I’m still figuring out cover art and how to record one.
So that’s it all in a nutshell. Before I switch up everything, I will let you know here beforehand.
Before I go, I want to mention if any of you had followed Patty of Books, Thoughts and Adventures, I’m sorry to tell you she has passed away. I wanted to check in with her recently and was responded to by her husband: “I regret to tell you that my beautiful Patty passed away on September 22nd after her three year battle with cancer.” Included in his message was this link:
I am shocked and processing. I am also deeply saddened by this news. I wish I had checked upon her more often in September. I know she is at peace and will forever remember her for her…
- beautiful and fighting spirit
- her honesty
- her love of books, food, clothes, cats
- and her genuine apprecation for crafts.