Good evening to you. It’s pretty much the same ol’ here with the following exceptions:
- It’s been the week of spring break.
- The husband didn’t have to go into work.
- The teen had a Zoom session with her AP Euro class to review document-based writing for the upcoming AP test.
- I finished a hecka funny, modern-day romance: The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams – I LOL’d many times to the point where sometimes I had to wipe away tears!
- I am all caught up on your posts; woo hoo for having speed reading skills!
- My honey decided to try Instacart so our Costco delivery came today.
Him: Food disappears fast around here.
Me: Your daughters eat like grown adults now.
Did you try something new this week? Pls share if you did.
I sprained or pulled something in my left hand and wrist some time ago. It feels like I have a bit of tendonitis also. Washing heavy pots and pans irritates the muscles as I usually rotate those parts forward when emptying out the soapy water and trying to rinse the cookware. In addition, these areas got irritated again from all the daily knitting I’ve done since 3/6 so I decided to rest them and switch to a different craft:
I bought this pattern last year when my husband drove me up Alameda to the needleworks store I had wanted to check out. It was sweet of him because I had originally planned on going myself one Friday, but he took me since he was off and because he knew I’d get lost. It actually was tricky finding the small strip mall by the water so I was thankful the man drove.
I bought this 18 count, Aida fabric from Etsy. I didn’t want to cross stitch on the typical white one and thought this color – a hand-dyed charcoal – would show off the design well. I’m so glad I have my magnifying lamp because man, the count is hard to see with my own coke bottle eyesight!
Oh and I happened to research, “converting linen to aida,” on Google recently. Many cross stitchers love to use linen; the count for this kind of fabric is high, like 32. I used to think if I wanted to switch to Aida, it was an equal transfer, however, I got that so wrong – read here (very helpful) if you’re interested.
It’s 5:36 pm here, time to figure out dinner, grumble grumble. Thanks for droppin by. TTYS.